It is the responsibility of the Assessor and office staff personnel to ensure that all property owners are treated fairly and impartially in accordance with Wyoming state law. It is our sincere desire to serve and support the taxpayers of Big Horn County in an effective, responsible and courteous manner.
The County Assessor does not establish the dollar amount of taxes, nor does the Assessor bill or collect taxes. The taxpayers themselves, state limitation and assessed values determine the tax rate for each district in the county. Billing and collection of taxes are the responsibility of the County Treasurer.
What We Do:
● Maintain property ownership for tax roll
● Maintain property values (local and state) for tax roll
● Maintain ownership maps
● Maintain abstract values
● Maintain qualifying Veterans' data base for Veterans' property tax relief
● Maintain all property characteristics
● Maintain mobile home locations and values
● Maintain all business personal property information
● Maintain oil and gas personal property information
2019 Assessment Notices